Amherstburg Family Health Team is now offering Patient Messaging and Online Appointment Booking through Medeo Health!
What is Virtual Care?
Virtual care allows you to speak with your health-care team using a telephone, smartphone or your computer. You do not need to come into the clinic.
What happens during a virtual care visit?
During a virtual care visit, your health-care provider may discuss with you your current health status, monitor your progress according to your care plan and answer any questions you may have regarding your condition. If your health-care provider feels that an in-person visit is needed, they will discuss your options and next steps with you.
Is virtual care safe and private?
Your privacy is very important to us. Similar to any in-person visit, we do our best to make sure that any information you give to us during a virtual care visit is private and secure.
Electronic communication, including virtual care visits and e-mail, may have an increased risk that your health information be intercepted by third parties through malware, phishing scams or other unauthorized access.
To help us keep your information safe, we request that you do the following:
- Use your personal computer or device.
- Use a secure internet connection at home. Do not use an internet connection in a public area, such as an airport, store, restaurant or library.
- Use your personal e-mail, not a work e-mail address.
- If you receive an e-mail and are not sure if it is coming from the Amherstburg Family Health Team , please call us at 519-736-7770 to confirm before clicking on any links.
By agreeing to participate in virtual care, you are agreeing to let your health-care provider collect, use, or disclose your personal health information through video or audio communications (while following applicable privacy laws) in order to provide you with care. Electronic (or virtual) communication may include e-mail, videoconferencing (Through Medeo Health), secure messaging or a website. If you have any concerns about your privacy, please contact the Amherstburg Family Health Team at 519-736-7770
How do I book a virtual care visit?
During the COVID-19 pandemic, majority of our appointments are being conducted through a telephone call.
When booking your appointment, our receptionists will ask for your verbal consent to participate in virtual care and request an e-mail address so they can send you an invitation to Medeo Health.
How do I prepare for a virtual care visit?
Your health-care professional may ask you to prepare specific information before your visit, but here are some tips to help you get started:
- Be available 15 minutes before and 30 minutes after the scheduled appointment time. If you are having a video visit, please keep your video visit open as the doctor may be running late.
- Please answer any calls from unknown or blocked phone numbers.
- Have your full medication list (or bottles) and pharmacy information (address, phone, and fax number) ready.
- If possible, find a private, quiet, well-lit, and spacious area for your visit.
- Be sure your caregiver or family members are aware of the appointment date if they are needed to assist.
- Have glasses, hearing aids, or walking aids nearby.
- Be prepared to show any wounds or rashes.
- Have a pen and paper ready.
Can I decline virtual care?
You can decline or withdraw your consent for virtual care at any time by contacting the Amherstburg Family Health Team. Please understand that this may lead to delays in your care during the current pandemic. To help protect our patients, staff and the community, only urgent in-person appointments are being offered in the clinic at this time at the request of the physician only.
What Is Online Booking?
Online Booking allows you to book your appointments online without having to call into the clinic. You can choose the available appointment with your Healthcare Provider that works best for your schedule.
Please note: Patients can now book both non-urgent telephone and in-office appointments online.
What is Secure Patient Messaging?
Secure Patient Messaging allows you and your healthcare providers/health team to connect from anywhere through messaging, similar to sending emails back and forth, just through a more secure method.
Your provider can send you:
- Lab results
- Care instructions
- Lab and diagnostic requisitions
- Health educational hand outs
- Any other items you’ve discussed
When a provider sends a message, you will receive a notification through email that there is a document for you to open in your Medeo Health account.
Do you need help creating your Medeo Health Account?
Please visit the links below:
Medeo Patient Help Page https://qhrtechnologies.force.com/patient/s/